Thursday, December 18, 2008

An Introduction

An Extra Voice is the name of my audio production company. The only problem with that is...it doesn't yet exist. It will, though...in the very near future.

It's long been a dream of mine to have my own in-home audio production studio. You see, I used to be in radio. There is a quote, often attributed to the father of Gonzo Journalism Hunter S. Thompson, that goes as follows:
"The radio business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

Whether or not Mr. Thompson actually spoke these words isn't important. What is important is that radio is far too volatile an industry on which to pin your hopes and dreams. It's fun...but fun doesn't feed the family. So, in short, I got out. In the words of my father, I "got a real job." Gainful employment has afforded me the ability to support my various expensive habits...namely photography and computers. Soon I'll be adding audio production to that list. Hopefully freelance audio work will turn into, dare I say it, a venture that produces some profit.

I also have friends out there in the blogosphere and podosphere (and probably other 'spheres') that I would love to assist with their creative projects. Perhaps more on that later.

For now, I've established my own little corner of the web. This blog will serve as my own personal forum. Most days, it will probably be a one-way conversation. But if a topic that I cover is of interest to you, please feel free to comment. I'd like to know that I'm not just talking to myself.

So, here I am...just another player in the ever expanding cacophony that is blogging on the internet.

No comments: