Sunday, December 21, 2008

Painting the Nursery

Our first child, a girl, is due in a matter of weeks. Painting the nursery has been my project these days. Last weekend, I primed it after meticulously laying plastic sheeting on the floor and over the windows. Tom Ridge would be proud.

This weekend, the actual painting took place. I did the ceiling yesterday and the walls today. I wasn't sure about the color. It's called Golden Butter...which is some variation on yellow. When I opened the can of paint, I thought for sure there was some sort of mistake. How did I get a can of melted Velveeta? I swear, that's what it looked like.

I needed confirmation from the foreman (my wife) that it was, in fact, okay to start applying this stuff to the walls. I got the thumbs up and was off like a herd of turtles.

Even after I had started painting I needed extra confirmation that what I was doing was not 'wrong.' She said it looked good, so I kept going.

I thought it would look like the inside of a wheel of cheddar when I was done. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it actually looks good! I can't stand painting, yet I'm somewhat talented at it. This is my burden.

Pics to follow. The camera is downstairs...and I'm far too lazy right now to retrieve it.

No comments: